Friday, April 10, 2009

Meltdown

Someone in our house had a meltdown last night. It wasn't my son. It wasn't my wife. And it wasn't my younger son, either. It was me. I was the one who had a meltdown. Whether it was caused by the stress from work, the stress from everyday life, or a combination of a bunch of different things, it doesn't matter. I lost control. And I shouldn't have. I broke a plate (it was plastic, but still) and said some mean things I regret having said. But I made some amends last night and will continue to do so.

I have a couple of days off work--today and Monday--so maybe I'll be able to decompress and clear my head a bit. I hope so. I don't like melting down. It sucks. Big time.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't already, make sure to make amends with yourself too, and forgive yourself, and mean it. Treat yourself gently. You're OK.

    Christa

    ReplyDelete