Saturday, April 4, 2009

Is It a Miracle?

I believe that a miracle occurred in my house this morning and, if only for one day, I am going to enjoy the hell out of it.

I got up at 7:00am and came downstairs to take some pills, feed the cats, check my e-mail, etc. After deciding to make a big batch of chicken enchiladas for dinner, I made a shopping list and headed upstairs to ask my wife if she wanted to go to the store with me. When I got to the top of the stairs, I saw the miracle: my son, standing in the hallway, awake and dressed at 8:00am. Oh. My. God. Yesterday he got up at 5:00pm. The day before I think it was 6:00pm. And the day before that... Well, you get the idea.

I was shocked (SHOCKED!) to see my son standing there and opened the door to my bedroom to show the miracle off to my wife. I think she was just as surprised as I was. And, believe it or not, the miracle got even bigger when I asked my wife about going to the store and my son said, "Can I go with you?" OK... Let me get this straight. Not only is my kid up and dressed at 8:00am on a Saturday, but now he's asking if he can go grocery shopping with my wife and me? You could've knocked me over with a feather.

So we all went grocery shopping. And my son pushed the cart and helped out with the shopping. And unloaded the cart at the checkout. And helped put groceries in the car. And helped unload the stuff at home. And it's 9:20am and he's in the kitchen making himself coffee. And he's in a pleasant mood. And it's all so different. And I like it. A lot.

I believe that a miracle occurred in my house this morning and, if only for one day, I am going to enjoy the hell out of it.

1 comment: