Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is risen

Just to show you how crazy things are around here...

Moments after I finished my earlier blog post, my son woke up and came downstairs. Yes, after going to bed at 5:15 this morning, he actually got up and out of bed at 12:30pm. He went into the kitchen, put a pot of coffee on, and went outside to have a cigarette.

I'm not sure how long this will last. Remember, last Saturday he got up early but ended up going back to bed to "take a nap" a few hours later, only to stay in bed until the early evening. We'll see. But for now, he is risen. And, in this case, the "he" isn't Jesus.

Maybe this will help put some happiness back into this Easter Sunday for me. (For the record, I know my personal happiness shouldn't come and go based on my son's behavior. I've read that and heard that and been told that a thousand times. But I'm still working on it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment