Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back to reality

It was incredibly wonderful to have my son up-and-at-'em at 8:00am yesterday morning. I can't even put into words the positive vibe it brought to our home. But after three glorious hours, reality kicked back in.

Around 11:00am yesterday, my son told my other son that he was going to take a nap and that we should wake him up if he wasn't up by 1:00pm. Well, 1:00 came and went. We tried to wake him up a number of times. Many times, in fact. But he didn't get out of bed until almost 7:30pm. It was another one of those nights where dinner was on the table but one member of the family was still in bed. Not fun.

I'm not expecting anything different for tonight. I woke up last night (actually, early this morning) when my son finally decided to go to bed. It was 4:20am. Who knows when he'll get himself out of bed today/tonight. It's all so frustrating.

I want a whole day like the three hours I got yesterday morning. Maybe in time that'll happen. But for now I'll just remember those three glorious hours from yesterday and how great they made me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment