Monday, April 20, 2009

Another quote for today

During my therapy session this morning, my therapist recommended a book to me: Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl. Frankl was an MD and Ph.D. who wrote more than 30 books on theoretical and clinical psychology. He was also a Nazi concentration camp survivor. Anyway, I bought the book today and just read the foreword. One passage really jumped out at me. This is mentioned by the foreword writer as being Frankl's most enduring insight:

"Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation. You cannot control what happens to you in life, but you can always control what you will feel and do about what happens to you."

I think this book might do me a world of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment