Sunday, May 17, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday.

My mom is an amazing human, and she has a heart as big as the biggest thing you can imagine. (Maybe bigger?) She is always there for anything anyone needs help with. She has also been a constant source of support for me for as long as I can remember.

Growing up, my dad and I had issues because of his alcoholism. Whereas a lot of boys look to their father as a role model while they're growing up, I didn't have that luxury. My mom was my role model. She showed me how to live life, how to be kind, how to love unconditionally, and how to be grateful. In short, she made me who I am today.

We don't get to pick our parents--that would be weird--but I couldn't have special ordered a better mother. I appreciate her so much every single day.

My mom turns 84 today. That seems strange to me, because even though she may be 84 chronologically, she acts more like 44. I don't know where she gets her energy from, but maybe it's an indicator of what may be to come for me. I sure hope I got her 84-going-on-44 genes!

Happy birthday, mom. I love you. Puno puno. :)

Mother and son. Then and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment