Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My Latest Heroes in Recovery Blog: Siblings and the Ripple Effect of Addiction

Greetings, blog readers.

Just stopping by to let you know that my newest blog for Heroes in Recovery posted this morning. It's called "Siblings and the Ripple Effect of Addiction." As you probably already know, I'm a big advocate for siblings who have been affected by their brother's or sister's addiction, and this is just another way of raising awareness.

You can do me a solid by heading over to the newly redesigned Heroes site and reading my new blog. While you're there, please consider giving it a "Like" and sharing it. Also, if you left a comment on the blog after you read it, that would be way cool.

And while we're on the subject of siblings affected by addiction, here's a reminder: The My Life as 3D Scholarship Essay Contest is going on now. It gives a young person the chance to take a negative and turn it into a positive. So if you know any young people who will be attending college this fall and might be interested in a shot at a $1,200.00 scholarship, make sure you let them know about the contest. (Here's a selling point: It's likely the only scholarship contest they'll enter that has an Emmy Award-winning actress--Kristen Johnston--as a judge!)

Here are some direct links for you:

My new Heroes in Recovery Blog:
http://heroesinrecovery.com/blog/2015/05/13/siblings-and-the-ripple-effect-of-addiction/

My blog post with all the information on the My Life as 3D Scholarship Essay Contest:
http://mylifeas3d.blogspot.com/2015/04/my-life-as-3d-scholarship-essay-contest.html

The scholarship contest rules:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tsmZXWQeDs9UywXH3CG5Jhdn_0uG6DmqqPM1cGc9T8Y/edit

The scholarship contest application/entry form:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bZ40K4LTvEl4Bq53eD_x28xh4t43UVhD05Wow2Ik5kQ/edit

As always, thank you so much for your continued support.

I hope to be back here sooner rather than later with a post that talks about this past Mother's Day and the rapidly approaching Father's Day.

Peace.

"First and foremost, we have to love them. Just like parents of addicts, siblings of addicts have been thrown into a firestorm they didn’t ask for or anticipate." --From my new Heroes in Recovery blog


No comments:

Post a Comment