Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Small Honor for ADHD Awareness Month

Regular readers of this blog know that in addition to having a son with addiction issues, I also have a younger son (he's 18) who has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

The biggest "side effect" of my younger son's ADHD had to do with his schooling. He struggled academically until we finally found the right high school for him: The Leelanau School in Glen Arbor, Michigan. The Leelanau School supports discovery of individual potential through academic, physical, and personal development of students who learn differently. And it changed my son's life.

I've blogged about the school before, most notably in a post this past April entitled "The Greatest High School on Earth."  In August, The Huffington Post published a modified version of that post called "How a Change in Schools Transformed My ADHD Son's Educational Path."

October is ADHD Awareness Month, and I was quite pleased to find out today that the HuffPost version of my blog post was cited by the ADHD Awareness Month Coalition as one of "The Best Blog Posts on ADHD" for 2014. It's number 12 on the list of blog posts at this link:

http://www.adhdawarenessmonth.org/2014-best-blog-posts-on-adhd-page-1/

I'm so grateful that people consider things I write to be worthy of sharing. Especially when those things are about subjects I'm incredibly passionate about. When my stuff is shared, the audience for my message grows larger. And that's a wonderful thing.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and readership.

Peace.

"A drop of ink may make a million think." --George Gordon Byron



No comments:

Post a Comment