Friday, January 1, 2010

My favorite music of 2009

These are the 15 albums from 2009 that I enjoyed listening to the most. The ones I went back to continuously and that stuck with me for some reason or another.

1. Matthew Ryan: Dear Lover
2. Robert Francis: Before Nightfall
3. Buddy & Julie Miller: Written in Chalk
4. David Bazan: Curse Your Branches
5. Gregory Alan Isakov: This Empty Northern Hemisphere
6. Ryan Bingham: Roadhouse Sun
7. Dave Rawlings Machine: A Friend of a Friend
8. Neko Case: Middle Cyclone
9. Patterson Hood: Murdering Oscar (And Other Love Songs)
10. Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
11. M. Ward: Hold Time
12. A.A. Bondy: When the Devil's Loose
13. Wilco: Wilco (The Album)
14. William Fitzsimmons: The Sparrow and the Crow
15. Rhett Miller: Rhett Miller

Favorite Song:
"Chalk" (Buddy & Julie Miller)

Artist I Was Happiest to Discover in 2009:
Gregory Alan Isakov

Favorite Reissue/Box Set:
Do What You Want, Be What You Are: The Music of Daryl Hall & John Oates

Favorite Music Video:
Matthew Ryan: City Life

Favorite Live Show I Attended:
Kathleen Edwards w/ Clare Burson @ The Magic Bag, 2/4/09

Hyped to High Heaven, But I Like Their Earlier Albums Better:
The Avett Brothers: I And Love And You

Biggest Disappointment:
U2: No Line on the Horizon

Album I Just Didn't "Get" (And Still Don't):
Grizzly Bear: Veckatimest

No comments:

Post a Comment