Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All aboard the emotional roller coaster

Today was a very emotional day for me. It was one of those days where I wished I was not as tall as the clown's finger, and that the guy running the emotional roller coaster would've just kicked me off the ride for being too short. Instead he let me on, and as a result I experienced a very lofty emotional high--thanks to the exit of President Bush and the swearing in of President Obama--and an almost subterranean emotional low. I was hoping that today would've been all upbeat and positive and joyous for me, but it didn't work out that way. But at least I got to watch the historic inauguration festivities with my younger son. I'm very thankful for that. I'm sure he'll remember it for the rest of his life. As for the emotional low? It, too, shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment