Monday, September 3, 2012

Why my blog is called what it is

Just a quick post to explain the meaning behind the name of my blog, because a few people have asked me about it.

It's pretty simple, really. My first, middle, and last names all start with the letter "D." Over the years, lots of people have called me "3D" or "D3" or "Triple D." "My Life As 3D" is kind of a twist on "My Life In 3D." That's why I have the "3D-Mensional Musings" and "No special glasses required" phrases in the subtitle.

Not real clever or subject specific, but when I started the blog a few years ago I really didn't think it would go anywhere. Knowing what I know now, I probably should've named it something more straightforward. Something to do with being the parent of an addict. But when faced with naming the blog, I just went with the first thing that popped into my head. And I'm not going to change it now.

Anyway, that's the story. Just in case you wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment