Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So disappointing

Please be forewarned that this post might be a little incoherent. I'm in kind of a bizarre state of mind right now.

Tonight, after declaring that he was 67 days clean, my kid said he wanted to walk to his AA meeting because he needed to decompress. Shortly before this announcement, he got a phone call. This was right after he had made a phone call. You can probably see where this is going, can't you?

So after he left for his meeting, I checked the caller ID and the last number dialed on the phone. The numbers matched. And wouldn't you know it? The phone number was the number of my son's friendly neighborhood drug dealer. I know this because it's the same number my son called the night he gave us a sob story about owing his dealer money. The night that my wife and I so stupidly gave him the money to pay the dealer back with, thinking at the time that it was the best thing to do. We gave him the money that night, then he called the guy to tell him he was bringing it over. And the number he called that night is the same number he called tonight.

I can hardly wait to hear what my son will have to say for himself when he gets home.

This should definitely make for an interesting holiday around here. Kind of sad that it happened on the night we put our Christmas tree up.

Quote for tonight: "Trust is like a vase. Once it's broken, though you can fix it, the vase will never be the same again."

No comments:

Post a Comment