Wednesday, June 25, 2014

How Far He's Come

Yesterday afternoon, while he was at work, my son posted the following status update on Facebook:

"Just feeling grateful today. Glad to be fully functional and doing something productive with my life."

Then last night he texted my wife to tell her about an incident that happened at work involving a customer in the rest room. Let's just say it was drug-related.

My son told my wife how that incident made him feel incredibly good about where he's at right now. (It also prompted his Facebook post.)

I had gone to bed early last night and found out about those texts when my wife came upstairs to tell me about them. She also told me about one other text my son had sent her:

"Go upstairs and tell dad I love him."

My son has come so far. I am truly blessed and beyond grateful. Every. Single. Day. And I believe in my son.

Peace.

"Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude." --A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment