Friday, May 4, 2012

One week later

It's been a week since the last "crisis" with my son and I'm happy to report that things seem to be going well. He did not get kicked out of his sober living house and we haven't had contact with him; no phone calls, no texts, no e-mails. So at this point, I'd have to say his sponsor's plan is working. It's not easy being cut off from him, but if he's gaining some independence, figuring things out, and working the 12 Steps like he should be, it's more than worth it.

Oh, wait. My wife did have one brief encounter with our son last Saturday. She went to the grocery store, which is right across the street from the neighborhood Starbucks. As she was leaving the store and heading to her car, she happened to bump into our son and his sponsor. They were coming out of Starbucks, books in hand. They had been working the steps. My wife gave our son a big hug and told him she loved him and was proud of him. When my wife came home and told me what had happened, she called it a "God moment."

Amen.

2 comments: