Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fighting another battle

I've found myself fighting another battle with another store that just doesn't seem to understand anything about prescription drug abuse. (Remember the Urban Outfitters fight?)

They are actually selling shirts that resemble football jerseys. Except instead of a player's name above the number on the back, they've emblazoned the shirts with "ADDERALL," "XANAX," and "VICODIN." They're charging $58.00 for a t-shirt and $98.00 for a sweatshirt.

I was going to post a photo of the shirts, but decided not to. I don't want to give them any more exposure than they've already had.

I have worked tirelessly over the last several days fighting against these ridiculous, sickening shirts and the store selling them.

After contacting the pharmaceutical companies that own the registered trademarks to Adderall, Xanax, and Vicodin, I am confident that legal action will be taking place. And that "big pharma" will prevail. (Crazy how I'm actually rooting for big pharma, isn't it?)

The store selling these shirts has no absolutely no clue what they're doing. It's so sad.

If you're on Facebook and want to help support my fight, please go to the page I created and "Like" and "Share" it. There is power in numbers.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FACEBOOK PAGE

Why am I fighting this fight? Because of messages like these three, which I received via the Facebook page I created:

"this [is] totally absurd.....and just plain wrong.....to glamorize drugs and drug abuse in any way is just evil. my daughter was addicted to vicodin and soma. her 31st birthday is in a few days...too bad she has been dead for 2 years leaving behind a then 5 year old daughter at the time. I am outraged!!!!"

"Thank you for this page. My stepson died of an overdose in 2011 and these shirts are absolutely horrendous. Not only did it take him away from us, but almost destroyed our marriage. It has been hard and we are just now starting to learn how to live with the pain. He had other substances as well as prescription drugs in his system. They should be ashamed of themselves."

"You are doing a wonderful thing with your page and your fight. I don't know you, but I truly appreciate what you are doing. My cousin passed 9/25/10 at 31 from prescription overdose. I know some people will never understand the fight that is in all of us that have loved ones that battle this disease. But please, keep up the great work. You are making a difference."

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment